Saturday, October 4, 2008

Grandad Again!

A pleasant surprise when I arose this morning to catch my Premier League football matches; I had received a text message from my eldest son to let me know that I was a grandad again. His second daughter, Niobi Jean was born at 4:44 am October 4th. Seven pounds seven ounces, and 20.5" long (why do they measure length?).

I hope to have pictures soon, but will wait for a while before I introduce Niobi to this blog. As darling as newborns are, and such a joy to welcome into the family, they do tend to look a bit wrinkled when they begin life. I think she would appreciate having the time to smooth herself out a bit. Anyway, everyone is happy and healthy, and I can welcome grandchild number five.

4 comments:

Don't Bug Me! said...

You, a grandad? again? Surely this is not possible............
No offence, but Niobi? Doesn't anyone call their child Jane or Mary anymore?

Anonymous said...

Well, their first child was named Ivy. Not too bad. Maybe this Niobi is a way for my son to get in a dig or two at his dad, after all, I did name him after a street in Saskatoon, Preston Ave.

Anonymous said...

Congrats grandad !!!, all new born babies are odd looking, not sure they get beautiful until they reach about 15/16 !!

Enjoy the footie and crack open a celebratory Boddingtons with me !!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Many congrats, Grandad Cortes. I'm dying to know what your son's name is now. And come on, post a pic of the wee one - I'm sure the little dote is adorable x