Tuesday, October 21, 2008

English Bay


Fall in Vancouver is splendid. The weather is mild, if somewhat wet, and the colors are vivid and warm. We rarely get snow, and most of the foliage is year round (pine, cedars etc.), so we never seem to turn brown, and even the lawns are green all year. In fact, they are usually greener in the winter than they are during the summer months. Anyway, one of the nicest areas is English Bay, in the downtown west end. The beaches, the walks, Stanley Park and the salt water. A great place to live and to come home to.

It can sometimes get a bit depressing, with it being dark when you head off to work, and dark when you sit down to dinner. But, with the new office, English Bay is only four blocks away, and on a sunny day, within an easy walk, even for someone such as myself. I think I will spend more time here over the next month or so.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a lovely pizza with DBM sat here, it was a bright winters day, very nice. I have yet to see Vancouver in it's splendor, always beed Feb time when I have been there..... good work Cortes, keep the photos coming

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful and sounds even better. Here in England the leaves have fallen and the trees are starting to look stark and bare, the nights are long and it seems like part of nature closes down. I suppose it makes me appreciate the spring more.
Kate
www.iramble.co.uk

Kate said...

Lovely pics, lovely blog... The winter will be a foil for the spring!

English Mum said...

I'm with Kate. It's depressingly grey and bare here. I'd love to see English Bay, after all it's named after me!

Anonymous said...

Moon - you are welcome anytime.

Kate - thanks for the visit. Given that it takes me so long to answer anything, it is safe to say that our trees are now bare as well. Winter has arrived (but we are still green - no snow or freezing weather here!).

Katherine - thank you. We all look forward to spring.

EM - I always was curious as to the source for the name. Thanks for clearing that up.