Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year

And so ends another year, just one of many now, and they seem to be passing with much greater speed. Although 2008 is now in the history books, it created some memorable moments and witnessed some milestones:

- I became a grandfather again
- I relocated our small business to smaller quarters in response to the shrinking economy
- I opened my home office (not entirely sure this is going to work, I am so used to going into the office in the morning)
- I lost my best pub buddy, golf buddy and diving buddy to Toronto
- I was very fortunate to make a new friend who likes English football as much as I do (even if he does support the wrong club)
- I purchased my new camera, which I think will become a new and satisfying hobby for me, if I can ever learn how to properly use it (is anyone out there able to help me here?)
- I have few friends (by choice, I think), but the ones I do have are fantastic and precious
- I have learned to be more patient, less critical, and can still laugh at myself
- I have become closer to my family
- I am in a great relationship with a fantastic lady
- I started this blog, and have "met" some interesting and accomplished people through it

And finally, I am looking forward to 2009. No resolutions, just a general promise to try harder.

Happy New Year to all. May it bring you everything you wish for, as well as a few pleasant surprises along the way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have two english friends then ??????? of course I support the best team .... ha ha ha ...

Here to meeting up again in 2009, at DBM's in late July.. no excuses, you have to be there !!!!!

Also, let me know of any golfing trips you might just have planned ???

Peave and Love my friend

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very full year there! Lets hope this shiny new one goes well for you too.... you're so right, keep the friends to a minimum - they are usually the right ones to know.
Happy New Year!!!
Kate

English Mum said...

Happy New Year! Funny, I could have sworn I'd already commented on this post. Never mind, here I am!

Think about coming to Ireland in September, Cortes. I've got DBM to start work on you too! x

Anonymous said...

COME TO BLOODT ENGLAND AND IRELAND !!!!!