Sunday, June 21, 2009

Garden Success

I have tried my hand at a bit of gardening this year. I have always liked puttering around in the back yard, but have always restricted myself to planting flowers. After all, I am not known to be a great lover of vegetables, so why bother?

This year however, Mr. DBM really decided to get into vegetable gardening, and kindly offered to supply me with some home grown plants that I could start in my own garden. How could I refuse?




My tomatoes are a bit small at this juncture, but my peas have been going great guns, and have been harvested once, and are now producing a second batch! Who would have believed this?


And my broccoli, although just beginning to peek out at the world, is showing some promise.


And lastly, because the cabbage and peppers and green onions have a way to go before I dare show them to anyone, here is my pumpkin. What the Hell am I going to do with a pumkin??


7 comments:

Don't Bug Me! said...

My brocoli is bigger than yours! I will, however, admit to the fact that my peas are lagging a long way behind yours. Strawberries, anyone?

Cortes said...

I do have strawberry envy. When can I have my runners?

Don't Bug Me! said...

Once they have rooted.

Cortes said...

Thanks. Your ongoing support of my little garden is deeply appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm Its all looking very good - someone gave me tomato plants only last Thursday and they already look dead (and yes I was looking after them) The best and easiest veg I have grown is runner beans in pots and trained them over an archway they looked and tasted wonderful!!!

Kate said...

mmm it didn't accept my name - I don't like being anonymous lol!!!!

Anonymous said...

Surely you can wait until Halloween ????? ...

Love the veg, I will be insoectiung very soon, however, I think we should embark ona new plan for your yard ... A nice putting green, and a bunker for your sand shots ... Mr DBM will be willing to help, and we can invite Tiger and Sergio for beer and practice.. wow, we would become great friends, and we could join them at Augusta for a foursome .... crap, got to stop drinking ...